Good morning my dolls!
Today I decided that it was time to do a DIY and not just only one but TWO! The reason being that it just has been such a long time since my last DIY that I needed to double it! You all know how crazy I am about face masks and all that great stuff for your skin. Today I woke up and went straight to the kitchen and played around with what I had to make something good for the skin! For the face mask I decided to use delicious apples and honey because these both are truly amazing for your skin. You might ask yourself why? And the answers are because first of all apples have vitamin A which plays an important role for skin development. This allows the immature skin to develop into mature and functional skin tissue. Vitamin A also reduces the risk of skin cancer. Another benefit is that it has Vitamin C which helps you make collagen, a protein found in your skin. This protein helps maintain your skin’s waterproof barrier. If your collagen is low then you will have re-openings of old wounds and skin tearing. Cucumbers on the other hand help with A LOT of things for your skin like reducing dark circles and puffy eyes, fade freckles, and improve complexion. Lastly! Honey is one of the best things you can use on your skin because it is an antibacterial which is great for acne treatment and preventing it from happening. Honey is also filled with antioxidants to help slow down aging. It is also extremely moisturizing and soothing which really helps your skin glow once used. And, honey allows the pores to open up making them easy to unclog! So let’s get started now with the two recipes!
The first one is the Honey/Apple face mask
You will need:
One teaspoon of honey
A little bowl to place your finished product in and a blender
A small water bottle
1) You will cut up your apple.
2) You can either mash the apple pieces or put them in the blender.
3) You will put one table spoon of honey in the blender with the apples.
4) Add a little bit of water so it blends and doesn’t just stick to the blender! DO NOT add too much or it will be soggy if you choose to mash it up you don’t have to worry about this!
5) If you did use water use a drainer to take out the water so all you have left is the mashed up apples mixed with honey.
Your final product should look like this.
You can apply the mask either at night or in the morning. Do not apply too much and apply it as if it were a lotion. Ps. It can get a little messy! Keep it on for 15 minutes and keep your self busy lay in bed and read a book or do what everyone else in this generation does and sit on your phone.
Cucumber Face Toner
You will need
A little container to hold the toner in
1) Cut half a cucumber and place it in the blender.Add water. And blend it doll!
2) Once you are done blending pour the “cucumber water” in a little bowl and add two teaspoons of honey and mix it! You want it to look like cucumber water not mashed like the face mask because it is a toner.
3) Once you have the final product place it in a little jar!
It should look like this!
You can use this in the mornings! All you need to do is grab a face sponge and pour some of this toner on the sponge and put it all throughout your face!
Hope you try this out!!! Let me know your thoughts below!! And let me know if you try it!